Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Looks Like I'll Have To Flex My Creative Writing Muscle...

I used to love creative writing. In high school I had two talents, two loves in my life: Biology and English. It ended up being a toss up between the two, but Biology won out and it is what I pursued in the end. However, that does not mean that I am not writing a couple of books in my spare time, nor that I have foresaken my mistress that is English Lit (You know I love you baby. No really, I do. But I just can't get a divorce right now, you know? Bio pays my bills, how else can I support my fancy underwear addiction? Come on, you know I love you. See you Saturday?). So when I saw this call for creative writing pieces featuring tentacle erotica posted on Pharyngula, one that will be for a good cause no less, I'm thinking I'm just going to have to submit a juicy story of my own. The problem is going to be sorting through the ideas! Do I go full-blown romanticy erotica, scary and sensual, or firmly tongue-in-cheek parody of silly erotica novels? Hm.... might have to submit more than one in the end.... damn my tight schedule! Damn youu!! Well, once/if I have submitted my attempts and they are promptly rejected I'll be sure to post them here as well. You all can tell me what you think of them!

And if any of you want to join in, the proceeds go to Oceana. Deadline is June 30th so get writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment